Email automations

On some sheets, I have automations set up. On these emails, the receiver sees: "MY NAME via Smartsheet" as the subject line.

I think it is showing my name because I set up the automation or created the sheet. For automation emails (not comment emails), I don't want them to see my name. I'd rather them see "SHEET NAME via Smartsheet". Is this possible? How am I to change my name from the automation emails?

Thanks.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @smiles,

Your name appears in the "Reply to" field, and you won't be able to update that. It will always show the sheet owner's name.

If it were the Subject Line you wanted to change, you could simply add custom text which would wipe out the default text.

All the best,

-Ray

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @smiles,

Your name appears in the "Reply to" field, and you won't be able to update that. It will always show the sheet owner's name.

If it were the Subject Line you wanted to change, you could simply add custom text which would wipe out the default text.

All the best,

-Ray

• On some of our sheets, we have a similar issue. It would be much less confusing to our end users if we could assign that "from" to either the current method, a set address, or (the one that would help the most for my case) a person from a specifiable contact field.