A Bit About Me

Options
Ray Lindstrom
Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 11/28/22 in Show & Tell

I’ve been with Optum (part of UnitedHealth Group) for 1.5 years. Previous career adventures include managing the Air Cargo Operations at the Tampa Airport (19 years and included a US Customs bonded warehouse and a Foreign Trade Zone), Software Development, QA testing, Network and Systems Administration, Business Analysis and Project Management.

Family is everything to me. My beautiful and amazing wife of 21 years is my high school sweetheart. We have boys aged 15 and 12. Our family is always together. We love trying new restaurants, travelling, and boating. 

Otherwise, I like to fish, go fishing, study fish, watch fish, catch & release fish. Did I mention I love to fish!?

Here at Optum my time is dedicated to Smartsheet adoption and development. I support several teams by providing solutions for Project and Portfolio Management, Project Intake, RAID, Change Control, Requirements Management, and training.

My Smartsheet journey began in October of 2021 and became full-time in June of 2022. Along the way I earned Smartsheet’s Core App Skills Badge, Core Product Certification, and Project Management Certification. Smartsheet recognized for being in the top 5% of all automation users by awarding/naming me as an “AutoMagician”. I’m a member of the Mobilizers and Early Adopter Programs where I have early access to the newest features and exclusive content. How can I help you enable or grow your Smartsheet adoption?

Thanks for stopping by! 😊

Comments

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi, @Ray Lindstrom!

"Smartsheet recognized for being in the top 5% of all automation users by awarding/naming me as an “AutoMagician”" Wow, that's awesome 🤩

I love how passionate you're about fish! Would you share some fun facts about fish with us? 🐟️🐠

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Rebeca S.

Thank you, and thanks for the interest. Here are some facts that I find fun!

I live in Florida which is said to be the fishing capital of the world. My kids and I fish quite a lot. Sometimes 7 days a week! We fish both freshwater and saltwater.

My largest catch was a 450 pound hammerhead shark while fishing out of Islamorada in the Florida Keys. It took all I had. I took a nap immediately after.

My favorite fish to target are the red drum aka redfish (saltwater) and largemouth bass (freshwater).

The "redfish" has a spot (or multiple spots sometimes) near the tail to confuse predators; the rear spots act as a fake set of eyes (similar to what you find sometimes on butterfly wings) that confuse any predators into thinking the fish is swimming backwards because the predator thinks the fish is facing in the wrong direction.

The largemouth bass is the official Florida freshwater fish. We catch these all the time.

The Atlantic sailfish is the official Florida saltwater fish. This is a dream fish for me as I have not caught one yet.

Sawfish are an exciting catch! They are actually rays (like sting rays), not sharks. They have no teeth. Here's a 10 foot long sawfish caught near my house just this past weekend.

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

This is fascinating, @Ray Lindstrom!

I can only imagine the kind of effort needed to catch a 450 pound hammerhead shark, no wonder you needed a nap afterwards 🤯 Thanks for sharing, I loved learning a bit about the wide variety of fish in Florida, it makes sense that it's called the fishing capital of the world. Also, that Sawfish is incredible.

Wishing you the best of lucks catching an Atlantic sailfish one day 😁