Has anything been done to improve email bundles?

I see A LOT of people looking to have emails bundled and also A LOT looking to have emails separate. Why is 6 the magic number to automatically bundle emails? I would like to set that number or better yet be able to turn it on or off as needed per notification. Or at least let me use placeholders to disable it completely.

Loving Smartsheet but this is a big issue for me and my team!

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kyle.mensing

What do you mean specifically by email bundles and what's this about 6? The company I work for has tasks where I can get an update request email and it's got 20-30 update requests all in the same email thread, which is good because I'd hate to have to open 30 emails instead of just scrolling down to the next update request.

There's another type of update request I get where I can open the SmartSheet link in the email and there's a next button at the bottom to help me quickly scroll to the next similar request where I don't even have to go to the email each time. That's even easier.

I tried to do a couple google searches to see if I could see people talking about what you say they're talking about A LOT but I couldn't find anything.

• I have email updates that go out but not all of them will be updated at the same time. If i update 3 but there are 30, the link is dead. If there is less than 6 it will send them out as separate emails. If 3 get updated, the other 3 links are still good.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@kyle.mensing

I'm a little confused at what you're trying to explain. Are you saying you'll get an email notification with an update request that has 30 things you can update in it but you only have the info for 3 of the things right then so you enter the 3 things but there are 27 more things that eventually need entered. So when you try to go back later to the update request it tells you the link is no longer valid? If so, that's the way the update requests work. What you have is a design problem where your sheet wasn't setup to request updates in a proper manner that works with your work flow...or you just need to be patient and don't enter the 3 pieces of info until you have all 30 pieces of info to enter.

I'm still not understanding the part about less than 6 being sent out as separate emails. Again, it sounds like the person setting up the sheets isn't setting them up in a way that works with your team's workflow.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @kyle.mensing

I hope you're well and safe!

Great idea! That would be a great addition to Smartsheet features. (select what should happen on a notification level)

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Using a report
    • Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps

Would any of those options help/work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.