How do I customize the subject line for the email notification from a conversation @ ?

Options

Is there a way to customize the subject line for the email notification that is sent when someone @'s you?

We have multiple conversations on the go in our intake request sheet but the email notification is generic and only has the sheet name so the people responding do not know which request the conversation is for.

We need to identify which row/topic the conversation is about so they can respond accordingly.

Best Answer

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ryanne Kwan

The notifications I receive have something like this in the email so it already tells you which row the conversation is for:

FirstName LastName mentioned you

Sheet Name

Row #: value in primary column

Additionally, you can click the Reply in SmartSheet button and it takes you to the row and the conversation. Are none of these things happening in your notification?

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ryanne Kwan

The notifications I receive have something like this in the email so it already tells you which row the conversation is for:

FirstName LastName mentioned you

Sheet Name

Row #: value in primary column

Additionally, you can click the Reply in SmartSheet button and it takes you to the row and the conversation. Are none of these things happening in your notification?

• Ryanne Kwan
    Options

I realized that the value after Row #: was empty and finally made the connection that my primary column was empty.

They are able to reply in Smartsheet but most are just replying to the email and it was causing some confusion.

This was very helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.