How to show budget only for one out of several years budget plan?

Hi dear community, i build up a project plan, and its associated budget, wich is running over several years.

Now, I would need to show the total budget per year (e.g. 2023) and i was using the following filter in my report.

The problem i have is that some Work Packages are running over 2 or years and i'm not 100% sure how such WP budget will be calculated.

Any suggestion, help?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Davide

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Davide M.

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing)

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Davide M.
    Davide M. ✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå , thanks for your reply.

Basically i have different tasks in the same project and their associated cost. See below just for example.

I want to get a report telling me what is the costs of the project for the period 1/Jan/23 to 31/12/23, and i want the program to consider the pro-rata budget if a task is spread over different years.

Thanks in advance,

Davide

• Davide M.
    Davide M. ✭✭✭

I found a way in excel how to do this (attached).

I'm still wondering how to do the same in Smartsheet.

Thanks to all.

D@vide

• Davide M.
    Davide M. ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I made a lot of step forward but i'm still stuck in finding the final solution. I used the following formulas:

Budget 2022: =IF([Start Date]@row < DATE(2022, 12, 31), NETWORKDAYS([Start Date]@row, DATE(2022, 12, 31)) / Duration@row) * [Total Budget - Pacira]@row

Budget 2023: =IF([Start Date]@row < DATE(2023, 12, 31), NETWORKDAYS(DATE(2023, 1, 1), DATE(2023, 12, 31)) / Duration@row) * [Total Budget - Pacira]@row

Budget 2024: =IF([Start Date]@row < DATE(2024, 12, 31), NETWORKDAYS(DATE(2024, 1, 1), DATE(2024, 12, 31)) / Duration@row) * [Total Budget - Pacira]@row

and i ended up to the picture below.

As you can see the sum of the 3 years budget is more than the total cost needed for this task.

I'm really looking forward to your kind advices.

Best,

Davide

• Davide M.
    Davide M. ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi all, this is solved now.

Thanks anyway.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Davide M.

Excellent!

Glad you got it working!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.