Automated Workflow - Alert only specific email addresses

Options
Joe Lynch
Joe Lynch ✭✭
edited 12/06/22 in Smartsheet Basics

We want to reduce the amount of notifications that consultants receive. However, the clients would still like to get notifications. Is there any conceivable way in a multi-select contact column to restrict notifications to only specific email addresses? To clarify, is there a way to restrict notifications (alert automations) to NOT send to @company1.com but send to @companyx.com?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Joe Lynch

I hope you're well and safe!

The only way I can think of is to unsubscribe to the specific Workflow.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Joe Lynch
    Options

That's what I was thinking as well. The only issue there is that everyone associated with each workspace and each automation would have to manually unsubscribe to each (e.g. 10 automations in 10 sheets replicated across 26 workspaces) so I was trying to think of a clever way to do it without that requirement, but with multi-select, I don't think there's a workaround.