Using Smartsheet As My Daily Projects & Task Hub

Good afternoon,

I am looking for recommendations on the best way to use Smarsheet as my daily place to stay on track with projects and tasks. I am tired of working in multiple different software's like email, Teams, Smartsheet and so on. I want a one stop shop place to do everything. I find myself getting distracted and loosing track because of jumping around just to find information. What is everyone else out there doing to combat this distraction?

Answers

• Hi @David Egle

Great question! 🙂

Personally, I have a master task-list Sheet where I keep track of all my projects. These are then grouped into different sections using Hierarchy. I have a column to flag if it's a priority task, and another column to mark when a task is Done.

Then I have a Report that brings in all the Priority tasks into one place (or a filter on the sheet), and a Workflow that moves over "Done" items to an archive sheet (so I can report on number of items completed, but keep my main task list clear).

I would actually recommend checking out Julie's Individual Task Management template set! It was one of this year's Template Contest Winners.

There's also a Project Tracking and Rollup Template Set that you may find helpful in terms of structure, if you'd prefer a Gantt chart instead of a checklist type of sheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve