Meet Julie Fortney, our December Member Spotlight! πŸŽ‰

Options
Alison Clancy
Alison Clancy Employee Admin
edited 12/21/23 in Member Spotlight

@Julie Fortney hails from Indiana in the US and is a Process Optimization Manager for South Western Communications. As a Community Champion, Julie joined us and thousands of other customers at ENGAGE this year and we had a blast!

"Going from working in my basement most days to being with thousands of people was overwhelming in the best way," she says. "I had the opportunity to meet some Community superstars whose responses to other people's questions have helped me piece together solutions I could not have come to without those ideas."

With Data Shuttle as her favorite feature, Julie is a strong voice on that and more in the Community, and loves the collaborative experience.

"Many of my best solutions have elements of ideas I've pieced together from multiple threads," she explains. "If you're a beginner, don't be intimidated by the knowledge level of those with more experience; your question is likely to spark new ideas for others who see the thread, even if you never know it."

When she's not working on game-changing solutions for her organization, Julie loves to read (or watch people reading on BookTube, something this author just learned about!). Here are just some of her recent favorites:

• Make Time: How To Focus on What Matters Every Day by Jake Knapp and John Zeratsky
  • So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson
  • Horse: A Novel by Geraldine Brooks
  • Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver

With the holidays around the corner, she plans on supporting the Red Cross and their ability to help others when they need it most.

Thank you Julie for all you do!

---

Do you know someone in the Community who should be next month's Member Spotlight? Nominate them here. 🀩

Comments