Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Dynamic View - Search CTRL F doesn't work

Options
Joe Goetschel
Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dynamic View does not have an easy fast way to search. We normally use CTRL+F to find what we are looking for. This does not work unless it's currently loaded on the page.

The filter option works but it takes too much time to set up new filters every time you need to look for something.

I would like CTRL+F to work and if this can't work then a Search bar would be great.

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."

23 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• echaika
    echaika ✭✭
    edited 09/15/22
    Options

Dynamic Views should have a Find on Page text field. A ctrl+F search only covers what's visible on screen currently, which is useless if you have a lot of data and you need to scroll to find what you're looking for.

• edpbrook
    edpbrook ✭✭✭
    edited 03/23/23
    Options

+10000

Dynamic view is extremely useful for providing secure access to the data, but it's really falls short with user experience with the lack of search functionality. Forcing a user to create filters to search for something in the data is a horrible user experience. Also, setting a filter only allows you to search for data in a specific column and not across the entire dynamic view.

I almost need to drop the dynamic view model for users and just provide them view only access to the sheet itself, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

• edpbrook
    edpbrook ✭✭✭
    Options

I've found at least 3 specific requests for this feature, one going back over 4 years, and as a new user of Smartsheet it is very surprising to see that there is no global search function in dynamic view. Are they not able to figure out how to secure the underlying data in the dynamic view? What's the development challenge here?

• rartzi
    rartzi ✭✭
    Options

Please add a global search capability that will search a dynamic view beyond the record on the screen.

This is critical for us in am inventory/catalog like view that users are looking for items existence so they do duplicate already existing engagements .