Smartsheet Form

Options

Hi Smartsheet Form Expert,

I used "If other, please specify" conditional logic within my form.

Further down in my form, I tried to create a different field and add another "If other, please specify" conditional logic, but it wouldn't let me. I received an error message saying "Column name is already in use in this sheet."

Could you please take a look at this issue?

Thank you.

MLT

Best Answer

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Marie_T

What you're doing within the form is adding a new column to your sheet called "If other, please specify:". Since it already exists, you cannot create another one with the same name.

A workaround you could do would be to create another new column called "If other, please specify" without the : at the end. If you need another one after that, you could call it "If other, please specify." with a period at the end. If you need yet another, you could call it "If other, please specify..." with three dots at the end.

Point is, they need to each by a different named column and you can't reference the same "If other, please specify:" column multiple times in the form. Just once.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Marie_T

What you're doing within the form is adding a new column to your sheet called "If other, please specify:". Since it already exists, you cannot create another one with the same name.

A workaround you could do would be to create another new column called "If other, please specify" without the : at the end. If you need another one after that, you could call it "If other, please specify." with a period at the end. If you need yet another, you could call it "If other, please specify..." with three dots at the end.

Point is, they need to each by a different named column and you can't reference the same "If other, please specify:" column multiple times in the form. Just once.

• Marie_T
    Marie_T ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike TV,

Thank you so much for your guidance. That was very helpful!

MLT