Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Provide IP Addresses for Form Submissions

We have set-up a survey form via Smartsheet and will be providing the form link to our global customers. Please identify the country/region/city of the respondent returning the form responses by including IP addresses tagged to the response.

4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Has anyone ever updated this? I would like to have an auto created column like the created by for the form but for logging the IP address. I need to know that the employees are submitting their logins via the link at the location and not from home.

• Hello SAcevedo,

I have not had a response from Smartsheet on this request. I am unsure how Smartsheet handles the ideas submitted via this forum but would also appreciate a comment to inform if this request is being programmed.

• Hi @SAcevedo & @Customer Service

The Product team collects and reviews all feedback submitted as they consider future enhancements. However only the top voted posts in the Community receive a status update or direct response publicly.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thank you, Genevieve, can you explain how the posts in the Community get reviewed for a vote? I do not really understand this process. Should the submitter be "campaigning" to ensure the post is viewed and considered?

• Hi @Customer Service

You may find this Product Idea FAQ post helpful.

All Ideas are public and able to be voted on by other Community members at any time. If there's a feature request that is important to you, you're welcome to share it around with your colleagues or other members to encourage additional voting. It's always helpful to hear more perspectives on a feature request and see additional use-cases.

Regardless of vote count, the content from each post and comment is stored and used by the Product Team as research on customer requests when considering future developments.

The difference is that only posts with a high vote count receive a public status update in the yellow bar at the top. Here's an example of a post that received a public status update: Rich Text Formatting in Cells

Number of votes is not an indication of a feature request being implemented, but it definitely helps the Product Team understand what is important to our customers! The more context the better.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thank you, Genevieve. I reviewed the FAQ - can you tell me where the Idea status will post?

• @Customer Service no problem!

Here's an example of a posted status:

Here's where it will appear on your post if it receives enough votes:

Cheers,

Genevieve

• I see. So, in this case, no updates from Smartsheet, but if I am following you, that is because no one else in the community agreed that this was a good idea, or maybe they just did not see it to submit a vote. Either way, I am discouraged. I typically only pop into the community if I am having an issue, my workload does not allow for more than that. I appreciate having the community to support me in that way, unsure if depending on others to be active in the community to get ideas moving forward is helpful.