How to share a form after it is filled partially?

Options
prtma
prtma
edited 04/17/24 in Smartsheet Basics

The form first needs to be filled partially and then shared to others to complete the rest of the form using the information previously submitted. The previous information filled shouldn't be made editable to the next user of the form. Is that possible?

In the attachment, I want first four fields to be filled by me and the last section "Action" to be filled by another user. The next user should be able to see the first four sections filled but cannot make changes to them and is required to fill the last section only and then submit.

Answers

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not aware of a way to do that using the form but you can do an update request and only allow them to edit the fields you want updated. (This is my recommended solution) Doing it this way you can automate it to request the update when certain criteria are met.

Another option is If you don't mind them seeing the information that is included in the rest of the sheet you can also lock the columns you fill out so they can't change them and only allow them to edit the columns you would like them to.

• CDE_OSS
    CDE_OSS ✭✭
    Options

Can you invite a person to complete certain fields on the form rather than the sheet?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @CDE_OSS

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Update Request
    • A form from another sheet that is connected to the main sheet with cross-sheet formulas.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.