Cell Link issues? - helpful workaround tool

Options
Debbie Sawyer
Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you are experiencing any issues with cell links returning blank entries (when there is data present in the source file) the current resolution is to manually remove the link, save the sheet and then put the link back.

Whilst this activity needs to be logged to Smartsheet Support and their experts are working on a resolution, we have an interim tool that can help identify the "blank cells" and relink them for you.

Reach out to me if you'd like more information.

Kind regards

debbie.sawyer@smarterbusinessprocesses.com

Comments

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Debbie,

as discussed before, a customer of ours also had so called "stale cell link issues" which were hard to identify. So very welcome tool from SBP!

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Christina France
    Options

Hello,

I am wondering if there is resolution to this problem. I have a large project I am working on and I am using the desktop app. Each cell link is taking 1-3 attempts before it finally brings the data over. I have tried saving and refreshing, but then have to remove the link and try again. I have tried logging in and out and even rebooting, which does not appear to resolve the problem.

Thank you

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Christina France

It is certainly worth a conversation Christina to see if our tool is able to help you.

The best person to contact at SBP would be our CTO @James Harris

j.harris@smarterbusinessprocesses.com

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Debbie

• axelrodo
    Options

Hi Debbie,

I have a similar problem, but it's random. Sometimes the linked cell doesn't show any data and remains blank or some sort of a conversion happens between the data from cell A that calculates progress percentage on children shows "100%" changes to "1" in the linked cell B. Should I contact James Harris as well?

Kind regards,

Axel

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@axelrodo Would you like a quick zoom to just expand on this update, then I can see if this is something that we might be able to help you with?

There is an explanation for the 100% turning into 1, but I just would like to see this in action before saying the initial explanation!

My email is debbie.sawyer@smarterbusinessprocesses.com

• axelrodo
    Options

Thank you Debbie, I have emailed you.