May I edit an existing list of Collaborators

Options

Hi - we have a workspace sharing list of 300+ collaborators. This list contains missing or incorrect information (first name only or changed last name etc.). Is it possible to 'edit' the list as it stands or do you have to remove and re-add the information for each correction needed?

Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@kathyM

Are you talking about updating their user profiles?

You would need to do that manually through User Management, or if you have API access you could use something like Postman to extract user information and craft an update script. I've used that to quickly populate some user groups, no reason you couldn't update user profile data.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• kathyM
    kathyM ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Jeff - But I'm not an system Admin, Licensed yes but no access to User Management. I'm looking at the list of users (mostly free unlicensed) that may access a shared worksheet(s). Do I have to be an Admin to effect what is existing on this "Workspace Shared To: " list?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @kathyM

Yes, in order to change the Name or Email of collaborators (the shared users you see in the "Workspace Shared To" list) you would need to be a System Admin for the organization that those contacts are members of. This is because the name that appears is the name that the user has set on their account.

See: Admin Center: Add, edit, or delete users

That said, you can apply a "nickname" to people in your own contacts. This won't show for other collaborators, but it can help you identify people in your own account (See: Manage contacts in the My Smartsheet Contacts list).

Cheers,

Genevieve