Is there a way to have links in a drop down list

Hi I want to have a central dashboard where PMs can select a project from a drop down and then have a project specific form open so they can enter weekly updates, Is there anyway of doing this?

Thanks

Simon

Best Answers

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/03/23 Answer ✓

You should be able to have a cell to choose a dropdown from then in the cell beside it do an =if([dropdown]@row="Project A","insert link information here",If([dropdown]@row="Project B", "Insert link info here",etc......)

You would need to nest the if statements to get each of the projects.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/03/23 Answer ✓

@Simon Cowx

Happy to help!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Simon Cowx

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow! Can you elaborate?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Simon Cowx
    Simon Cowx ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Andree

Say I have a drop-down of three projects

• Project A
    • Project B
    • Project C

I would like the dropdown to be populated from another sheet that has links to a smartsheet report. for each project. The reference sheet would have two columns. The project name and the link to the report

I want a drop-down as we have over 50 projects running at one time, so do not want separate links for each on the report page.

I hope that helps.

Thanks

SImon

• Hollie Green
    Hollie Green ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/03/23 Answer ✓

You should be able to have a cell to choose a dropdown from then in the cell beside it do an =if([dropdown]@row="Project A","insert link information here",If([dropdown]@row="Project B", "Insert link info here",etc......)

You would need to nest the if statements to get each of the projects.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/03/23 Answer ✓

@Simon Cowx

Happy to help!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!