Editing "Details" in Calendar App

On the desktop, I can edit all fields in the details section of the calendar app just by clicking on the task in the calendar. However, on the Ipad, you can edit everything but checkboxes. It drops down and acts like its going to allow you to...... but it doesn't respond to the selection. Am I doing something wrong. FYI, I've tried two different browsers, same result.

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    edited 01/05/23

Hi @Jerry Alexander ,

In doing some testing I was able to reproduce this which seems a consequence of the Checkbox Column being in fact a Dropdown in the Calendar app. When you have a moment, please submit your feature request for the Product team to update the Column type in the Calendar app to be a Checkbox one to avoid this behavior on mobile devices. You can do this by signing in to the online Community (the Community uses your Smartsheet account to sign in) and create an Idea post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic

Posting your enhancement in the Community will allow other Smartsheet users to see and vote on your idea! The top-voted posts in this category are reviewed monthly by the Product team and you'll receive an email notification if a status changes for a post you've created or voted on. 

In the meantime, I was able to update the value by prolonging the tap in the relevant (checked or unchecked) value that needs to be selected. This will open a preview of the underlying sheet that can be closed but doing this will allow you to update the selection and click on the "Update" button and subsequently have this recorded in the underlying sheet.

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio