Adjusting workflow settings to reference only impacted rows

Is it possible to adjust this workflow so that it includes a reference to the rows that are impacted? Right now I get a full list of all the tasks I have to manually scroll and look for the impacted rows.

Answers

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

There's a few things you could try. Add a helper column that marks which rows have changed within a specific time frame. This would require more of a dynamic set up to see the initial and final values.

You could also set up an automation to record a date in a helper column, then condition the workflow for notifications by that date range. Set up a weekly trigger and you will only see what was changed within that week, in a weekly report. This should clear up any rows that weren't involved in any change. This will overwrite dates already entered if not specified in the condition. Also, a "click here and there" could cause the date automation to run without changes actually happening to the task itself.

The conditions prior to setting up the notification will be key in this situation.

A little bit more tedious process would be to right-click the beginning of the row, open the properties of the row, and copy the hyperlink to a column. Then use that column as part of your messages. Every row has it's own hyperlink/row ID.

I hope this helps spark some ideas.