Automation Workflows to add multiple Multi-Select field values

Jake Gustafson
Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to have multiple automation workflows that will simultaneously or sequentially process to add multiple values into a single cell?

Here's my scenario. I've got data that gets entered into a sheet that has the potential to be missing elements. The hope is that my users will correct those gaps, but once corrected, I won't know how frequent any of them occurred. So, I added a Multi-Select Drop-down column called Data Fix Disposition, where I'd like to keep track of what error types were seen. My goal was to see if I could auto-populate that field based on the data itself to reduce the burden on the user inputting the data.

What I'm seeing from some basic testing is that I'm only getting a single value even when I purposefully create multiple 'errors' in my data. I did un-toggle the 'Replace existing values in multi-select column' (see image below) as the way I read that is that it would overwrite anything written there already (when turned on), so the last workflow to process would be the end result. I'm hoping to continuously add to the field; therefore, I toggled it 'off'. Right now, I have five unique automation workflows that could populate a different value from the drop-down list.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Alright, I think I figured it out. I had three separate automation workflows looking at the same field. I put that into one workflow with multiple condition paths and it looks to be working as expected. The other issue was a bad trigger. Guess I just needed to write it out to you all. Thanks for the support.

Answers