Something that quickly shows

# of rows

# of columns

# of cells

# of cross references

# of unique formulas

I'm sure there are other metrics that would be nice to see quickly

Close to breaking warning or notification to sheet owner

Could be part of Work Insights but all together, like a table, and update immediately.

23 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

YES! And have it appear, along with other useful Sheet info (especially a [copyable] list of all Column names, with Show/Hide checkboxes) when clicking the completely wasted but potentially highly useful empty block at the upper left nexus of row and column.

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Include ability to see what APIs are attached and who the owner of the API is.

Pivot, DataMesh, DynamicView, WorkApp, etc.

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So I maintain a couple critical sheets and ensure they stay within limitations. I have my own way of keeping cell counts and call in counts, but it would be fantastic it it was a real simple count that is displayed live on the sheets already.

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• Diane Moore
    Diane Moore ✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/09/23
    Options

This is very much needed. To be more specific, this could include:

# of rows

# of columns

# of cross sheet references

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

Sometimes when a sheet is getting close to it's max, I start getting nervous without knowing how many rows can be added before everything breaks. We have a lot of control center program toolkits with sheets that contain a lot of columns, and a lot of rows. Please provide an easy way to identify when a sheet is reaching it's max so we can take the necessary precautions.

I see this in File -> Properties, then show a Column Count, a Row Count, Cell Count, and a % of sheet usage.

So if there are 100 Columns, 4000 rows, that would be 400,000 cells, and 80% sheet usage. Then I can determine when I need to start archiving rows.

• Samuel Mueller
    edited 02/09/24
    Options

@Genevieve P. I'm so sorry I did it again. Can you please add this to this post that was already out there 😅

Sheet Statistics — Smartsheet Community

I'll try to be better

• Kyle Chipman
    Kyle Chipman Overachievers
    edited 02/09/24
    Options

I’ll upvote other post, but the ease of this visibility is totally warranted and super helpful. Great enhancement request.

• Kyle Chipman
    Kyle Chipman Overachievers
    Options

Echoing all the responses - totally warranted and useful in an everyday capacity. Excellent enhancement request.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Haha no problem at all @Samuel Mueller - merged! Thanks all for providing your votes and feedback, it's always useful to have more information around why an Idea is important to you.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Samuel Mueller
    Options

This may be captured, but I just ran into this again. Another helpful sheet statistic would be the number of cells referenced in formulas. Need to know how close I am to the 25,000,000 max references.

• Nik Fuentes
    Nik Fuentes ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm told that the existing feature request to have columns hidable/unhidable from a list has also been folded into this request.

Better unhiding, specifically, is a very important thing Smartsheet can do better and might well belong here.