Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Dashboard Widget transfer when deleting a user

Options

Hi,

this is a huge gap currently in the system imho that when a users account is deleted, you can transfer all owned items to another user, but widgets on dashboards cannot be transferred and end up in errors. I had to remove a former System Admin from our System who owned a lot of dashboard widgets and found out afterwards, that there is an article that says "Dashboards can break when transferred because ownership transfer doesn’t transfer the widgets that are part of the dashboard."

Now I have hundreds of broken Dashboards widgets and have to fix them manually.

My enhancement Request: Please include the widget ownership transfer in the general NDOT procedure.

9 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Pedantic1
    Options

This is a Data Loss issue! This should be an open bug, not waiting for customers that have already lost their data to find and upvote a feature request. 🤨

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a major challenge for sure. There is no easy work around either. I will say that having a general admin account at the company level, that owns all the projects, has helped tremendously. It uses a license but it's worth it for this and other reasons too.

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Jamie K
    Jamie K ✭✭
    Options

Agree that this is a huge gap. Cannot believe it is still not resolved, and surprise that this is not getting more votes. To me this is a bug not an enhancement.