Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Recurring holidays

Options

I understand from a recent Smartsheet Support submission that there is no way to enter recurring holidays; e.g., enter January 1 to automatically be a holiday every year instead of entering a separate date for each year (1/1/2023, 1/1/2024, etc.). This is a basic feature of calendar functionality in any platform and needs to be added. Thank you.

4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was surprised by this. I was wondering the holidays were not showing up in our portfolio gantt charts past the first year. I assumed (clearly incorrectly) that I would only need to enter one instance of a holiday in the admin panel and it would know that July 4th is a holiday EVERY YEAR. I am assuming others have a work around... I need to hunt for a cut and paste list of holidays, comma separated, for the next 50 years that I can paste into the admin panel so I don't have to worry about it again.

• Koleen Steiner
    Options

Definitely needs an Enterprise Calendaring solution. Our company is VERY global and need the ability to apply several different holiday dates - each list is different, depending on our Core Project Team. It's a lot to track for each project, when you could begin with some basics and apply the right combination of calendars!! Please add a calendar solution - enterprise level!!

Thank you!

Koleen Steiner

IT PM & Smartsheet Guru, BeiGene, Inc.

• Tony Platts
    Options

Yes please.

Also, understand that holidays are different in different countries. Seems bizarre to me that I can only add dates into the system for public holidays and that applies to everyone in the organisation, regardless of where they live. It genuinely means we cannot use this functionality.