Shared Sheet/ Free User - Initial Log In & Password Creation

Hi,

Does anyone have initial step by step instructions/screenshots for a free user who has been shared a sheet and is their first time logging in? What are the initial create password steps? What do the screens look like?

I don't want everyone creating trial accounts and this is that is happening today as they are getting confused.

Example: They go to smartsheet.com. Click on Login. They don't have a password yet. - What are the next steps? Where do they go?

Any input on this would greatly help!

Krystal K

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you are not adding them as unlicensed users to your account then they will have to set up trial accounts.

If you are adding them as unlicensed users to your account, then they should receive an invite email with instructions.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Do they need to be added through the account admin side? or just to the My Smartsheet Contacts/sheet share?

Just thinking that would be a lot of trial requests for every contributor/shared sheet if we are limited to only the account admin side.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Through account admin. That sends them an invite, and it isn't a trial that gets sent. It is a full account just unlicensed (cannot create or own items and a few other minor restrictions).

Just sharing the sheet will prompt for the trial which is what it sounds like you are wanting to avoid. The trial account is a trial of the licensed account.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com