Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Data Shuttle Run Options

Options

Provide the ability to modify the Data Shuttle Run Options to specify a specific set of dates etc. much like setting up recurring meetings in outlook.

Example: End the run schedule on December 31, 2023 at 11:59pm.

Tags:
7 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• scottreiter
    scottreiter ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agree, the current functionality limits to scheduling a Data Shuttle workflow to start at the top of the hour. There needs to be more granularity on this selection to all schedules to be set in 15 min intervals. The issue today is that if you have a few workflows that need to happen in sequence there is an hour gap between them.

Another way to handle this maybe to allow triggering of of a second workflow when the first workflow completes.

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also support finer granularity and controls for the workflow scheduler. At a minimun it would be nice to be able to schedule things at times other than the very top of an hour. I have workflows that take only a few minutes, but the next workflow has to wait until the top of the next hour before it can run. Being able to set start times at :15, :30, :45 would be incredibly helpful.

Perhaps including a configurable value to control the number of times a workflow is repeated would provide additional flexibility and reduce the Smartsheet resource consumption.

For example, right now if I want a workflow to repeat every 15 minutes, that workflow will execute a minimum of 8 times when I set the repeat interval to :15 minutes and the start and end times 1 hour apart (minimum difference in start and end times). I really only need this workflow to run 2 or 3 times. If I could set a value to limit the number of iterations to 3, it saves the additional 5 attempts and allows me to start subsequent workflows an hour sooner.