Calendar View from Sheet

Options

On the calendar view in smartsheet, is there a way to show more information than just what is entered into the primary column? For example, we have appointments that need to show who the meetings are with, who's invited, and the time and location at a glance on the calendar view, without having to click on the appointment.

The card view does show more details of the appointment but does not show it in date order. (at least that I can figure out).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The only information that will show is what is in the Primary Column. When I have needed to do this, I will use other columns for each piece of information and then use a formula in the Primary Column to pull together all of the information I want displayed.

• Lisa Rossetti
    Options

This might work! Could you give me an example of the formula you used to pull the information together? And does all the information show on the calendar view at a glance without having to open it?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The formula depends on how your data is laid out. If all of the columns are next to each other then you can use a JOIN function. If they are not next to each other then you will need to "add" them together.

=JOIN([First Column]@row:[Last Column]@row, "delimiter")

=[First Column]@row + "delimiter" + [Second Column]@row + "delimiter" + [Third Column]@row

There is a limit to how many characters will be immediately visible, but it will allow you to join the info together into a string which will show when you hover over it.

In the below screenshot, only the first 31 characters are immediately visible, but hovering over it shows all 50.

• Lisa Rossetti
    Options

Thank you, that worked, but is there a way to get spaces in between the information? It just shows all information in one line, no spaces.