Automated workflow not working - Status change

LaKo
LaKo
edited 01/18/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Dear Smartsheet community,

I am trying to implement a simple automated workflow, which should work in the following way:

If I put to a cell in column "Progress" the value 100%, respective cell in column "Status" should automatically change to "Done".

What happens:

1.     When I run the workflow, it changes every cell in column "Status" to "Done", does not matter whether the value in column "Progress" is 100% or any other number

2.     Everytime I update the cells, I have to trigger the workflow manually, otherwise nothing happens

Am I making something wrong?

Thank you

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @LaKo

I hope you're well and safe!

It looks correct, but if you're using the Run Now feature, it will run for all rows, and that's probably why it's not working as expected when you're testing it.

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello Andrée,

many thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately it does not solve my issue.

If I don not run the "Run now" feature, nothing happens. If I insert a new 100% progress nothing happens. Even if I wait a few minutes.

And why do I get Done in column "Status", if the progress is not 100% (e.g.20%, 30%)?

Many thanks

Ladislav Kohut

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What are the column properties for the Progress column?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• The column properties for column "Progress" are Column Type: Text/Number.

• DKazatsky
    DKazatsky ✭✭✭

@LaKo Is there a reason this needs to be a workflow? If not, you could use a Column Formula.

Something like this: =IF(Progress@row = 0, "Not Started", IF(Progress@row < 1, "In Progress", IF(Progress@row = 1, "Done")))

Using whatever values you would prefer. This will make the changes in real time also, whereas a workflow has a lag.

Hope this helps.

Dave

• Hello Dave,

many thanks for your answer.

With a formula I can also do it easily, I was only wondering why it is not working with the automated workflow.

Not sure in which case should I be using formulas and in which case the automated workflows.

Have a nice day

Ladislav