Gantt Chart Settings Not Applying

Options
JSELLS
JSELLS ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi! I am trying to create a dashboard that has multiple gantt charts. I want the gantt chart to display from the current date, which is already an existing setting. I've checked the box on both my workspace, and the reports I am using on my dashboard, and for some reason the current date does not display. Has anyone run into this issue?

Smartsheets Screenshot.PNG

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/11/19
    Options

Hi,

Unfortunately, the settings on the report to open to today isn't reflected on the Dashboard, but it's a great idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

A possible workaround could be to have a formula on the sheet(s) that checks a box when it's in a specific interval.

See Bryans comment from this thread.

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/dashboard-gantt-show-only-today-forward

​​​​​​Actually, you can accomplish this by adding a new Column (I named it Today) which has to be a Date column. Then, create the =TODAY() formula in the top most cell, and then drag that cells contents all the way to the bottom of your SmartSheet. Then create a report where the When is looking at the newly created Column (I named it Today) and the Finish date. To simplify the report, the Today column should display when the data Is A Date which is an actual selection

This should show only the tasks from today with a finish date in the future. You can fine tune this by modifying the Finish date criteria. For instance, if you only want to see Tasks that have a Finish date in the next 60 days, the When in the Report builder would show Today: is a Date and Finish: Is In the Next 60 days.

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.