Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Support for Office 365 Sharepoint attachments

Our single largest GAP to fully fuel our workflow with Smartsheet is attachments as objects for Office 365.

The Google Docs and Evernote integration is great, we simply need the same for Office 365.

If I was to aim high at the wishlist I would like to see the modify date and last modified date attributes from Office 365 document in SmartSheet, but the main requirement is basic linking to the document objects.

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jorgen

What is stopping you from using the "link Url" choice in the Attachments column? 

If you are using 365 you can link to documents within 365 rather than attach them, so you retain one version, which is edited in 365 or accessed via smartsheet? 

If I am misunderstanding the question please say so? 

It works for me.

Hope that Helps RichardR

• Hi,

I understand the link would would work, but for usability the same approach as you have with Evernote where you search for the document within smartsheet is much more usable.

Asking people to copy/paste the URL into the link is less realistic, people are lazy ;)

Also I am not sure if the the URL is a perm link if the name of the document is changed in 365?

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/17/15

The benefit of linking out to "one version of the truth" is to avoid creating v1 v2 v3 alts. If you change the name of the document I would have thought a new link would be better? 

I do appreciate that doing this in Google Drive and the new OverDRIVE solution is a whole lot easier because DRIVE is in the attachment menu but we need to work with clients that have a preference to Micrsoft or Google and find the best results in either. 

Good luck and hope we have helped?

RichardR

This discussion has been closed.