Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Disable attachments in a Report

Bob Payton
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have a large smartsheet of all of our Part Numbers.  I also use this as a database for pulling several different reports.  

One report I publish on the web is our price list for all of our dealers to access.

Now I am looking at attaching the print to each row.  My external consultant partners need the full print, but I don't want my dealers to be able to access this print.

Is there anyway I can delete the Attachments column from my dealer price report so this group can not see the attached print?

Comments

• Hi Bob-- Great suggestion! This is currently possible in published sheets, by publishing the sheet as "Read Only" HTML, but isn't yet an option in published Reports, which will always include attachments and discussions. I've added your vote (and my own!) to our enhancement request list to support this option in Reports as well. Thanks for the input!

• I should have mentioned-- one option in the meantime might be to attach the print via a cloud storage service, like Google Drive or Dropbox. These sites allow you to set viewing permissions for individual documents. You could upload the files to Drive or Dropbox and share them only with you partners, so even if your dealers try to open the files, they will not be able to do so successfully. 

• I'd like to add my vote for this feature as well as I've been struggling to externally share some data while hiding the attachments. 

In case it helps Bob or someone else, my workaround was to copy entire rows from my source SmartSheet (you must select the cells themselves, not click the row number to select the entire row) and then Paste Special as "links to copied cells". Definitely not ideal since I now need to paste/link every new row that I want shared, but at least the data is firmly linked moving forward without the attachments available to the viewer like they are with reports. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great work-around Steve.

Please add my vote for this feature.

Craig

• Kelly Ospina
    Kelly Ospina ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/11/17

I'd like to add my vote for this feature as well. This is an on-going problem for us, too. Being able to exclude attachments from reports would probably be the number one feature request for me right now.

• Please add my vote for this feature as well.  Excluding attachments and comments from would make the Reports feature perfect to share information with external stakeholders.  

• Please add my vote for this too. 

• Add my vote for this too, please. We really need to hide attachments on published reports.

• Please add my vote to this feature as well.  I do have an additional request:

- Provide a means of editing select report fields without sharing access to the main sheet.

• We have an order sheet and want to share customer A's orders with customer A (customer B etc) but I just realised I can't do this because the customer can access the attachments. This is where we store purchase orders and details we do not want to share with the customer.  

Please make it so that the we can have the choice on enabling attachments for a report, the same as you can choose what columns and rows you want in the report. 

Thanks. 

• Hello,

We are looking to implement something similar to publish reports to customer but we cannot share attachments. Is there any update on this feature to hide attachments on published reports?

• I don't know if this helps or not, but when creating the report, I hide attachment and comments row, then published the report.

The Read only report will not show comments or attachments.

• Please add my vote for the option to hide both attachments and comments from reports.

Thank you.

• This feature is needed!!!

This discussion has been closed.