How to default your view setting

Welcome to the New Smartsheet Online Community

You’ll notice that things have changed a bit. If you need help getting oriented, please take a look at the posts here in the Welcome to the Community category.

How to default your view setting

Hello Smartsheet community,

I am wondering if there's any way to default your view setting to Gantt (or others) when you created a new blank sheet? I want to avoid changing the view setting every time my team and I are going into the sheet. 

Thank You! 

Tagged:

Comments

• Shaine GreenwoodShaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 04/02/18

Smartsheet will remember your view when you saved the sheet last. If you're changing views to see your sheet in a different way, you might want to consider changing the sheet back just before you leave it.

You can apply a default view to someone else as you share it to them (not after they're already shared) with the steps in our help center: https://help.smartsheet.com/node/520104#defaultview

If they change their view of the sheet and then save it, the sheet will have that view when they open it.

• I have my default view set and it worked for a few days, but now it doesn't seem to be working. It was set to card view, with my tasks filter. Any idea how I begin to troubleshoot this? I have tried closing the sheet. We have 24 users and 3 admins and dozens of different filters.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Have you doublechecked the "Default View" settings?

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD