Forms and Blank Rows

Hi,

We using a Smartsheet form to capture Covid19 Screening Questions. Once submitted the person has their temperature recorded which is manually captured against the record.

The problem I am experiencing is that the person capturing the temperature sometimes accidentally inserts a blank row into the sheet which results in the formatting being lost in subsequent form generated entries.

Is there a way I can prevent a user from inserting rows in a sheet when they are still required Edit rights to update one column?

I have tried to create an alert based on a blank "Entry Status", however this is not working as Im guessing Smartsheet is not recognizing the empty row

Thanks in advance for you assistance and looking forward to your suggestions.

Many thanks

Lyn

Answers

• Lyn Pringle
    Lyn Pringle ✭✭✭

In addition to the above, I did consider a creating a report where the user can capture the temperature, however the reports do not automatically refresh as the sheets do and we are receiving multiple submissions every minute.

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Could you use an Update Request automation to send to the user to capture the temperature. That way they don't need to access the sheet at all?

Just a thought...

Debbie

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!