Permission Level

Options

Hello everyone,

Do you know what is the permission level that applies first between the sheet level or the workspace level?

For example if I have a editor permission on the workspace, but I only have a viewer permission on the sheet in the workspace, what permission level applies to me ?

I am not sure about the answer and I can't find it,

Thank you for your help !

Corentin

Best Answer

Answers

• Ameya Athalye
    Ameya Athalye ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Corentin Dal Farra

This is from the documentation.

The permission level you give a person to the workspace (individually or through a contact group) gives them access to the workspace and all items it contains with that level of permissions. For example, if you grant someone Editor-level sharing permissions to a sheet and then give them Admin-level permissions to the workspace that contains the sheet, that person will be granted admin-level sharing permissions to the sheet. For this reason, it's a best practice to share using the lowest level permissions needed.

Note that you can't give another collaborator a higher access level than you have yourself (for example, an Editor can't promote another Editor to Admin).

Hope this helps.

• Corentin Dal Farra
    Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @ameyaa

Thank you for your help, it is very clear now !

I was asking another question about group permission level and I did not find the answer on the documentation : do you know what permission level is granted to a user that is shared to a workspace within a group A with editor level and shared to the same workspace within a group B with admin level.

If I understood the logic, the user will have the highest level permission so admin level is that correct ?

Thank you very much,

Corentin

• Corentin Dal Farra
    Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @ameyaa

Thank you for your answer,

Have a nice day !