The new Smartsheet experience

Comments

• Cody_Turpin
    Cody_Turpin ✭✭
    edited 04/16/21

Please validate this statement @Brendan Reed

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Why aren't any of those EAP members posting here to explain why this new interface is so much better? It still begs the question: "Was it broken before?"

There are a lot of other features I think most of us heavy users would have preferred to see time and money put to.

• Sue Hill
    Sue Hill ✭✭✭✭

H

Help, my Column headers have disappeared!

• Beth O
    Beth O ✭✭

not sure if i like these changes! left menu on grid view is now much wider which reduces visual space on the sheet you are working in - can I change the width?

Where has the ability gone to quickly change back and forth to different sheets - not sure these changes have been thought through properly

Regards

Ashley

Completely agree with Ashley here. This new left menu on the grid takes up soooo much valuable real estate.

Also, why don't you give users a heads up that this is deploying on your release notes? A "coming soon". For me this deployed at late afternoon on Th 4/15/21 and was unexpected. I had to quickly check-in with all my Smartsheet users to make sure they were orienting okay.

• Hello, I would have to agree with the comments listed, this new UX has hampered our workflow and slowed down my teams daily tasks. While I appreciate your response to this forum, none of the suggestions will get us back to where we were. Add one more vote for the classic layout option. Thx

• Maxwell Griffith
    Maxwell Griffith Employee Admin
    edited 04/21/21

@Ashley Ryder, @Chris Reed, @arkitektur, @Jason Koscinski, @Jeff Bruce, @lhadduck, @User45678, @alano10, @Miles Allison, @Susan B Peck, @LanceAlbanese, @Robin Summers, @Nathan Gonzalez, @Brian Millet, @Steve Schmidt, @Andy Mirza, @Cody_Turpin, @AKunce, @Sue Hill, @Beth O, @Dan Talley, @andri witana, @Srinivasan Sankaran, @Sean Stran, @Stefan, @ker9, @Yechiel Binet, @Ryan W, @Tracy Ostapa (GroupeX), @Beth Tiggelaar, @A01-TT, @Patti Farr, @Michael1115, @Amy Keach, @Lee Carr, @Cody Holmes, @Kyle Contorno

Hello All, Thanks so much for your valuable feedback. I wanted to make sure you saw Brendan's response. Please note that he will be working to reach out to you all individually to further discuss any questions or concerns. Please keep an eye out for his response in your private inbox within Community.

Best,

Maxwell from Smartsheet

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Maxwell Griffith, @Brendan Reed - thank you for responding publicly to the forum. We haven't seen much of that from Smartsheet in recent years after major UX or feature changes, so kudos for you.

I'll look forward to receiving the private response. Already I've put together some screenshots for improving the look and reducing the space used by the interface changes. I won't post them here, out of respect to your request above, but I do hope you will listen to those of use who use Smartsheet daily, are responsible for many other Smartsheet users, and have participated in the Smartsheet forum regularly for years. Perhaps some of us missed the invitation to become an EAP or perhaps we were too busy with our real jobs. We rely on Smartsheet as a tool and to have that tool radically changed is a bit of a shock.

Thank you again for responding to the feedback you've received here.

Best regards,

Susan