Approval Process Workflow

Hi,

I would like to have an approval process like on the example below. However, on Item B needs to be approve first by Approver 1 before Approver 2. Please advise if it possible on the same column on the Approval Status.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Kristian Dangculos I think you would have to do one for each price point but you can set all of the approvals for that level in the same automation. You would set up something like this for each ( I did the 10k-20k level)

(If there were only two price points you could do it all in one by setting one condition and then the other in the otherwise part.)

Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like if you try to use the same options from the dropdown for the status it is not possible and you get the error below

But if you add different status for the approvers you can save it in the same column, just know that when it goes to the second approver it will override the cell value entered by the first approver. Though you could see the changes in the cell history or activity log. Like this

In this example A is for the first approver and the B is the second. The price point breakdown would just be a condition in the first part of the automation set up.

• Hi Kimberly,

Thanks.

Please advise if its possible to have one workflow for the approval process that I have mentioned.

For example:

< 1 = Approver 1

1k to 10k = Approver 1 -> Approver 2

10k to 20k = Approver 1 ->Approver 2 -> Approver 3

Where in my Approval Status I have list of APPROVED, DECLINED, and IN PROCESS

For example: the price is 5k

For Approval Status sequence:

IN PROCESS(1) -> APPROVED (1) -> IN PROCESS (2) -> APPROVED (2)

• Hi Kimberly,

Thanks.

Please advise if its possible to have one workflow for the approval process that I have mentioned.

For example:

< 1 = Approver 1

1k to 10k = Approver 1 -> Approver 2

10k to 20k = Approver 1 ->Approver 2 -> Approver 3

Where in my Approval Status I have list of APPROVED, DECLINED, and IN PROCESS

For example: the price is 5k

For Approval Status sequence:

IN PROCESS(1) -> APPROVED (1) -> IN PROCESS (2) -> APPROVED (2)

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Kristian Dangculos I think you would have to do one for each price point but you can set all of the approvals for that level in the same automation. You would set up something like this for each ( I did the 10k-20k level)

(If there were only two price points you could do it all in one by setting one condition and then the other in the otherwise part.)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kristian Dangculos

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Kimberly's excellent advice/answer.

You could also combine it in one Workflow with Condition Paths.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.