Adding fake user accounts - Contact list_assign to (within project plan)

Options

Curious if anyone has suggestions. We want to be able to include a few place holder names within the project plan. The goal is to be able to do a find and replace the place holder names, with an actual person.

We want to avoid adding these fake accounts to the user management section and not sure if another option outside of adding them at the project plan sheet level

Thanks,

Jay

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jermaine Johnson

I hope you're well and safe!

You can either add a Placeholder name like CONSULTANT and then replace it, or add a dummy email address.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jermaine Johnson
    Options

@Andrée Starå - Thanks for the suggestion. That makes sense. So, adding it at the project plan level would work the best, correct? similar to below, correct? I noticed when we just had text (example-Client), without using a contact feature, and a second assign to name, it did not find and replace correctly.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jermaine Johnson

Excellent!

Happy to help!

It gets tricky when it's a multiple contact column type.

I sometimes have specific placeholders in my client solutions and then link them to a section/sheet summary in the same sheet or use cross-sheet formulas to collect it from another sheet.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!