Unlicensed unable to receive verification email

Crystal Perry
Crystal Perry ✭✭✭✭
edited 09/13/21 in Formulas and Functions

I have an unlicensed user who inputs data into my smartsheet. He is supposed to received a confirmation email once his form submission has gone through with a copy of the data that he entered for his records. He is one of many employees who uses this form but is the only one unable to get the email. I have checked his personal settings, made sure his email address was set up etc. and nothing looks out of place. Our IT support says they don't show a record of Smartsheet sending him any messages that are getting caught in the web filter either and that all of his system is up to date. Does anyone else have experience with this issue? Customer support was unable to provide an answer.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Crystal Perry

There could be a few different reasons for this.

The first thing I'd personally check is the Workflow Permissions for that specific sheet. If the user isn't shared to the sheet, you'll need to have the permissions at least set to Limited to allow notifications to be sent out to users in your company's plan who aren't shared to the sheet. (See: Control Who Is Notified About Alerts and Requests)

If this is set up properly, then the next thing I'd do is create a Clone of the workflow. This would automatically re-subscribe the user to this specific workflow in case they had accidentally hit "unsubscribe" in a previous notification.

Then if neither of this has helped, I would check to see if the user receives the Alert from within Smartsheet's notification center (the bell icon). If they do, this would indicate that the workflow is sending out to that contact but there's something blocking the email side of the notification.

Once you've confirmed these different settings, if the user is still not receiving the alert from just this one workflow, please reach out to Smartsheet Support with the Sheet URL, the Workflow ID, and the user's email address.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Crystal Perry

There could be a few different reasons for this.

The first thing I'd personally check is the Workflow Permissions for that specific sheet. If the user isn't shared to the sheet, you'll need to have the permissions at least set to Limited to allow notifications to be sent out to users in your company's plan who aren't shared to the sheet. (See: Control Who Is Notified About Alerts and Requests)

If this is set up properly, then the next thing I'd do is create a Clone of the workflow. This would automatically re-subscribe the user to this specific workflow in case they had accidentally hit "unsubscribe" in a previous notification.

Then if neither of this has helped, I would check to see if the user receives the Alert from within Smartsheet's notification center (the bell icon). If they do, this would indicate that the workflow is sending out to that contact but there's something blocking the email side of the notification.

Once you've confirmed these different settings, if the user is still not receiving the alert from just this one workflow, please reach out to Smartsheet Support with the Sheet URL, the Workflow ID, and the user's email address.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!