Certification Exam

I took the certification exam back in January as an "early adopter" for my team.  Some of the other members are now getting around to taking it and asked me about the practical component (part II) where you have to send off a file for review.  I didn't do one of those.  Is this something new or did I miss it and not finish (I have the 2018 Product Certified badge on my profile, so I assumed I was done).

Comments

• Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Thanks so much for being an early adopter of our certification program. I checked in with our Center of Excellence team and have this information for you:

As of April 1, 2018, Product Certification is a two part test comprised of a multiple choice exam and a hands-on sheet manipulation exercise. If you took the exam before April 1st, and passed the multiple choice exam, you have successfully completed product certification and there is nothing additional you need to do.

Those individuals taking the exam post April 1st 2018, will now need to pass both parts with an 80% passing score in order to obtain product certification. 

So, it sounds like you are good to go and are still certified. If you have additional questions, please reach out to our certification team at certification@smartsheet.com

Thanks!

Gwyneth

• Hello, what is the link to the Product Certification Exam. Why is it so hard to find?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @BatmansKnight

Our eLearning courses have been updated since this post! We now have the Smartsheet University. The Product Certification program has been transitioned to the Core App Skills Badge, and there will be a new Certification program in 2022.

Please see this announcement post for more information. You can access the Smartsheet University through this link: https://smartu.smartsheet.com/

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Oh ok! Then i was in the right spot. I have completed 7/8. Last question, The Core app skills test asks me to refer to smartsheets i did not build while taking the other 7 courses. All 7 courses i just followed the course and clicked on the smartsheets it provided within the lessons. How can i take the last exam if i dont have the smartsheets it asking me to refer too. I hope this makes sense.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @BatmansKnight

The first half of the Core App Skills eLearning Capstone is a sheet manipulation exercise, where you follow instructions to format a new sheet. Is this what you are referring to? If so, this sheet would not have been part of the previous exercises; you will download a folder containing the assets needed after clicking the "Begin" button.

If you have further questions related to the Core App Skills Capstone I would suggest contacting the Training team at training@smartsheet.com.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• That was exactly it Genevieve, thank you!