Dynamic view: Save button is greyed out

Options
Ruby Chu
Ruby Chu ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello, 

I currently facing an issue in Dynamic View. I shared Dynamic view to my teams and external stakeholders without sharing sourcing sheet. However, some people are ok to make edit in Dynamic view, but some can't, their save icon is grey out. Don't know why this happened as thet all have the same permissions. Can you please solve the issue or advise how to solve it?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ruby Chu

Is there a difference to how these users are accessing the View? For example, are some using the link in a web browser, or some accessing it through a Dashboard widget, etc.

Do you have required fields set up (which would mean the Save button stays grey until they're filled out)?

Could certain users potentially be using different browsers, which may be affecting Dynamic View functionality?

I would suggest contacting Smartsheet Support with screen captures of what you're seeing, identifying some of the email addresses that see the grey Save and email addresses that are able to save. They'll be able to troubleshoot this with you via a private channel so you can share more details.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ruby Chu

Is there a difference to how these users are accessing the View? For example, are some using the link in a web browser, or some accessing it through a Dashboard widget, etc.

Do you have required fields set up (which would mean the Save button stays grey until they're filled out)?

Could certain users potentially be using different browsers, which may be affecting Dynamic View functionality?

I would suggest contacting Smartsheet Support with screen captures of what you're seeing, identifying some of the email addresses that see the grey Save and email addresses that are able to save. They'll be able to troubleshoot this with you via a private channel so you can share more details.

Cheers,

Genevieve