Smartsheet in PowerApps Combobox

Options
heyjay
heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I want a column to show up in my combobox in powerapps. I've tried to read and use the formula in MS Documentation but I cannot get things to work.

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @heyjay

If you don't receive a response from members in the Smartsheet Community, I would suggest posting in the Power Apps Community instead; since this is built in Power Apps and the documentation (here?) is from MS, Power App users will be more equipped to answer this type of question.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yup, already did, and on a few other communities.

I tried the link you provided but it only gets me to have the actual Column Headers and not the data, thanks for trying.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @heyjay

Ah yes, in looking at the documentation again it does look to be talking about the Column names, not data. It sounds like you'll want to use "Get a Sheet data" instead.

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I feel like I am close, I just don't know where or what to add to get the States column to show.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @heyjay

It does look like you're getting closer! However I am not familiar with Power App formulas. It seems as though the {columns;Text} field is optional, but that there is some set-up required here.

Is it possible that you need to replace the "Text" with the name of your columns, separated by commas? This is a guess based on their documentation. I would advise following up with the Power Apps Community as the formatting is specific to their documentation, versus Smartsheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/07/22
    Options

Hey G! Any help is very much appreciated. I have tried, but still getting an error. The State Column has the US states listed.

Seems like {column:Text} is not optional and should be written as is, or I could be wrong.

Here's with quotes for the State column,

Here's what its showing when I use {column:Text} instead,

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @heyjay

In looking at this after the weekend, it seems like you're trying to get the Column Properties from a dropdown list in Smartsheet as values to select. I believe GetaSheetData will only surface content from the cells in a sheet, versus the Property list.

The Column Object returned via the Smartsheet API can provide the Options for that Column, however it looks like with Power Apps you can either Get the Columns (Column Names for that sheet) or get Sheet Data (the cell data from that sheet).

I would continue to work with the Power Apps Community on this, but if you're looking to surface the Column Property data this may not be possible via Power Apps.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What I want to happen is this -

I have a smartsheet grid with US States as Column (and others)

I want a dropdown in powerapps that pulls the US Columns.

Thank you again!

• Eric Hagen
    Eric Hagen ✭✭
    edited 03/22/23
    Options

Did you ever find a solution for this I am trying to do the same thing? Thanks! @heyjay