Error in adding smartsheet as data source in tableau server

vishal
vishal ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi All

I am trying to publish a sheet to the tableau server so other people in my team can connect using the tableau desktop by logging into our tableau server. I was able to publish the sheet to the server as a data source, but am unable to connect to it again using the tableau desktop

The steps I followed are

1.) logged into smartsheet from tableau desktop using WDC,

2.) Published the selected sheet as the data source in the tableau server.

Now though the sheet is published and showing in the tableau server as the data source, I am unable to connect to it and getting the following attached error

Do let me know how I can resolve this

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @vishal

It looks like this error is being generated by Tableau, and is a fairly generic error (it's not specifically identifying an issue).

I would suggest reaching out to Tableau support first, to see if they can provide more details on what could cause this error (if it's a cloud based Tableau server they may have more information).

Then once you have more information you can bring that to Smartsheet support to help ensure the Smartsheet information is set up correctly based on Tableau's guidance. It would be useful for them to see your full set-up, so troubleshooting this in a private channel where you can share more screen captures or a screen recording would be best.

Cheers,

Genevieve