Multiple Selection in Forms that Adjust Inventory Levels in Another Sheet

I currently have an inventory sheet I created myself (did not use a template in SmartSheets). It works well, but I'm trying to integrate a From that will automatically adjust inventory levels when submitted/completed. Doing this for 1 item on the inventory sheet is fine, but sometimes users will need to submit for more than one item on the inventory list. Does anyone know how I can incorporate "multiple selection" so it automatically adjusts inventory based on the formula that's written to adjust quantities?

Tags:

Answers

• Ryan Sides
    Ryan Sides ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MCamden

How are you allowing users to select the inventory on the Form? What type of field and data? Then how are you mapping that back to your inventory sheet?

More deets please. :)

Ryan Sides

Smartsheet Tips and Tricks for Beginners and Advanced on LinkedIn and YouTube

Come Say Hello!

• MCamden
    MCamden ✭✭

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply! To select the part for inventory, the user will select from a drop-down. In a separate field, they will enter a number quantity (text field). The "master inventory" sheet has a SUMIF formula that looks for both of these columns and adjusts accordingly.

I'm not married to how this works in the form, so if there is a better way to allow for multiple selections and quantities on the same request form (can be a separate question on the form, add logic, etc). I'm just beginning my SmartSheets journey, so very open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @MCamden

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored this method?

• I developed a solution using two forms (or the same form by using conditional logic) that can be used to submit the main information and then the other information on a new row for each submission after the first.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.