Show Attachments on a Smartsheet Report

Options

I have an ask from our management to highlight the sign-off of requirements for our projects. In our current state, our team uses a fillable PDF that is signed electronically by our stakeholders and then attached to the corresponding row in the Project Plan sheet that contains the milestone for sign-off.

I am being asked if there is a way we can show these attachments and rows only. So far I have been able to show the attachment on the iframe embed of the entire sheet, however, we would like to only show the rows.

In looking through the forums and the Smartsheet Help it looks like Reports should allow attachments ( as an example https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2480051-access-and-download-attached-files-from-a-report), however, I'm not seeing the attachment row as an option when creating a report from the Project Plan.

Is it possible to create a report that allows an attachment to be viewed?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @OGSMike

I hope you're well and safe!

You should be able to see the paperclip icon on the left side.

Doesn't it show, or do you want to show it differently?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• OGSMike
    OGSMike ✭✭
    Options

Andrée,

Thanks for getting back to me. I went to the report and sure enough, the paper clip was there. Not sure what I was doing before (it's possible I might have had the wrong sheet linked in source).

That being said our management is now on board with using a form instead of a PDF so hopefully, we get out of having to display this in the future.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@OGSMike

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.