Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Shortcut to Dashboard Header / Bookmarks

Options

I have a pretty big dashboard of resources that are grouped under 9 headers. The top of my dashboard has a table of contents. Is there anyway to link a jump to those headers within the same dashboard? A link to a bookmark within the dashboard (not to another sheet)?

Tags:
69 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We love this idea. We are exploring ways to make dashboards easier to navigate, including bookmarks / shortcuts. We don't have a timeframe yet, but this is part of our future plans.

Comments

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Drea Mora

There currently isn't a way to shortcut to a Dashboard Widget, thank you for submitting your idea!

Genevieve

• SRLinhardt
    SRLinhardt ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It would be great to have a way to bookmark at the top of the dashboard for someone to "jump to" a particular section of the dashboard.

• Marc Shecter
    Marc Shecter ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Drea Mora - I assume your idea above would also include the ability to link from other documents, like email, gdocs, etc to a specific section within a dashboard. If I'm wrong about your intent, I'll start up my own idea for that. -Thanks

• Chris St. Louis
    Chris St. Louis ✭✭✭
    edited 08/07/23
    Options

Agree with Paulo - my project teams and business partners love what the Dashboard gives them in transparency to project work, but as others have pointed out, it is frustrating to be unable to do more to make the experience more engaging.

One feature in particular I would like (and I think I submitted it here) is to be able to create anchor links to content featured further down on the dashboard ("below the fold" as it were).

Chris St. Louis| Project Manager for Strategic IT Initiatives |

• ChrystelleB
    Options

Would like the ability to stylize the dashboard similar to wiki page, where links could take you to certain sections of the dashboard. This would eliminate scrolling.

• CBlass
    CBlass ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would suggest adding an option for widget behavior in a dashboard to take the user to another selected widget in the same dashboard. Ideally, there would also be an option to insert links to multiple other widgets within the shortcut widget. My use case is to create a table of contents/agenda, so that you can see all of the high level items/metrics included at the top of the dashboard and then link to jump to the more detailed report below.

• NJGaul
    NJGaul ✭✭
    Options

Please add the ability to open Smartsheet Items linked in the Shortcut Widget in a new tab similar to URL links. It is extremely frustrating that they open in the same tab only.

• Adrian Mandile CHESS
    Adrian Mandile CHESS ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The shortcut links should allow behaviour of opening in another tab. Even using the standard Windows Ctrl+click on the link STILL doesn’t open in a new tab!

• Teresa Vázquez
    Options

Hi, good morning, 😊

My name is Teresa. Thanks for making Smartsheet real, I love learning and using it.

It would be fantastic if you could improve the dashboard user experience, adding a buttom menu at the top of the page. That would help you navigate to different section of the dashboard page without scrolling up/down all the time(like website with hyperlinks).

Thank you in advance and keep the great work!,

Teresa 🤩

• Stonelaw119
    Stonelaw119 ✭✭✭
    Options

I create dashboards that can be fairly long and have multiple "sections". I would love an option to add a JUMP TO a section/area/Widget on a dashboard.

• Tobias Krause
    Tobias Krause ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Still waiting for this one. Would be really helpful! sadly nothing happened since 1,5 years...