Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Tabs

Options

Please can we have an option to have tabs (multiple sheets) A better way to display different groups of information all on one sheet.

7 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The desktop app you can have tabs. And what do you mean by display different groups of information all in 1 sheet? Do you have an example in mind?

• Caz Taylor
    Options

Like with excel, you have one document and different tabs, each tab has different information. Smartsheet does not currently have this functionality but would be fantastic if it did!

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

This is a good idea. You can mirror this function by creating a WorkApp and adding your "tabs" into the WorkApp.

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This functionality would be great. I've seen the suggestions about adding WorkApps but not all companies have the budget for the add-on. Much like in Excel and Google Sheets it would be nice to have this as a feature everyone can access.

The current setup requires multiple sheets for the same amount of data you may have split up in these other programs. It's a huge barrier to usability for those trying to get top-down buy in from executives if they have to look in MORE places to get the same data they can get from one location using Excel or Google Sheets.

• Mark4555666
    Options

When exporting a smartsheet sheet to excel, comments/conversations are exported to a new tab. In my minor brain, Smartsheet does not want to replace this function and hides the ability to view tab information that already exists.

I say show us the information in the tabs. It might be easier for us to review and make changes to comments anyways in bulk.