Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Tabs

Options

Please can we have an option to have tabs (multiple sheets) A better way to display different groups of information all on one sheet.

7 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The desktop app you can have tabs. And what do you mean by display different groups of information all in 1 sheet? Do you have an example in mind?

• Caz Taylor
    Caz Taylor ✭✭
    Options

Like with excel, you have one document and different tabs, each tab has different information. Smartsheet does not currently have this functionality but would be fantastic if it did!

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

This is a good idea. You can mirror this function by creating a WorkApp and adding your "tabs" into the WorkApp.

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This functionality would be great. I've seen the suggestions about adding WorkApps but not all companies have the budget for the add-on. Much like in Excel and Google Sheets it would be nice to have this as a feature everyone can access.

The current setup requires multiple sheets for the same amount of data you may have split up in these other programs. It's a huge barrier to usability for those trying to get top-down buy in from executives if they have to look in MORE places to get the same data they can get from one location using Excel or Google Sheets.

• Mark4555666
    Options

When exporting a smartsheet sheet to excel, comments/conversations are exported to a new tab. In my minor brain, Smartsheet does not want to replace this function and hides the ability to view tab information that already exists.

I say show us the information in the tabs. It might be easier for us to review and make changes to comments anyways in bulk.