New and improved Safe Sharing experience, now generally available!

2»

Comments

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @MHalvey - I have an open support ticket for this and received an update yesterday. In my organization, the new safe sharing is working just fine (meaning users cannot share things unless someone or a domain is on the safe list, but when doing so, the prompt leading the user to a custom link is behaving three ways:

1. If they are a regular user, it is working as expected, users ARE prompted
    2. If the user is an Admin who is signed up for EAP, they are NOT prompted
    3. If the user is an Admin who is NOT signed up for EAP, they WERE prompted (as of ~2 weeks ago), but as of yesterday they are NOT prompted

So, because I am the Admin who initiated the testing of the new features, and because I am part of EAP, I wasn't prompted, which is what spun up this thread. Only later did we test further and learn that regular users are getting the correct experience. The support agent following this for me sent a note saying the development team is actively working on it, but no ETA yet.

cc @QuanT

• MHalvey
    MHalvey ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for this information that is very helpful. When you say Admin, you mean SystemAdmins? My whole company has opted into the EAP so I'm curious what they see as regular users but in the EAP.

Michael

Michael Halvey

"Strive for Progress, not Perfection."

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MHalvey - I was referring to System Admins, but I just confirmed with a user in my org who is not a System Admin that it affects any user who is enrolled in EAP

• MHalvey
    MHalvey ✭✭✭✭✭

@QuanT - Is there any update on getting this "Link to Request Form" bug fixed so it shows in the popup when someone tries to share access to a user not on the approved list?

Thank you,

Michael

Michael Halvey

"Strive for Progress, not Perfection."

• QuanT
    QuanT Employee

@MHalvey I believe the fix will be released this week (possibly this afternoon) to work with the new sharing modal.