Google Docs error with Smartsheet Merge extension

Options

Hello,

Some of our Smartsheet users are getting the error below when they tried to use the Smartsheet Merge extension with Google Docs. It appears to only affect newer users. We have other users who have been using it for a while and it still works fine. I tried to do it and got the same error. Any idea how to fix this? Is this something on the Smartsheet side or the Google Docs side? We cannot figure this out. Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @ThangNguyen_CB

I checked in with our Support team about this and they confirmed this is a known issue when new users are attempting to connect to the Smartsheet Merge with Google Docs. They are actively working on a resolution but I do not have an ETA for you at this time.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ThangNguyen_CB This should now be resolved!

• Sherry S
    Options

I'm getting this message:

Error: getSheets: Exception: Request failed for https://api.smartsheet.com returned code 400. Truncated server response: { "errorCode" : 1071, "message" : "Invalid Grant. The authorization code or refresh token provided was invalid.", "error" : "invalid_grant", ... (use muteHttpExceptions option to examine full response)

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Sherry S

Have you tried disconnecting it then re-adding it? Here are the steps:

1. In Smartsheet, revoke the Smartsheet Google Doc Merge integration under Apps & Integrations:
    2. Sign out of Smartsheet
    3. In Google, remove/uninstall the Smartsheet for Google Docs add-on in a Google Doc:
      1. Go to Extensions->Add-ons->Manage add-ons
      2. Uninstall the Smartsheet for Google Docs add-on via the Options menu (3 dots)
    4. Sign out of Google account and then sign back into Google account
    5. Open a Google Doc and re-add the Smartsheet for Google Docs add-on
      1. Go To Extensions->Add-ons->Get add-ons
      2. Find the Smartsheet for Google Docs add-on and Install it
    6. Once it’s installed, enable the add-on by going to Extensions->Smartsheet for Google Docs-> Start
    7. The add-on will appear in the Google Doc on the right. Click Connect to Smartsheet and proceed with enabling it

Let me know if that worked!
    Cheers,
    Genevieve

• Sherry S
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P. - I did all that yesterday with the exception of signing out of smartsheet. I followed your steps just now and still getting:

Error: getSheets: Exception: Request failed for https://api.smartsheet.com returned code 400. Truncated server response: { "errorCode" : 1071, "message" : "Invalid Grant. The authorization code or refresh token provided was invalid.", "error" : "invalid_grant", ... (use muteHttpExceptions option to examine full response)

I'm not able to fully sign out of Google because my organization admin doesn't allow it - I can only pause syncing - not sure if that helps.

• Allie D.
    Allie D. ✭✭
    edited 05/10/24
    Options

Hi Genevieve, I am having the same issue. I did all the steps you recommended except one - like Sherry, I cannot sign out of Google. I can only pause syncing. What is the fix for this situation? Thank you for your insight!

UPDATE - RESOLVED: I had to take an additional step of disconnecting and reconnecting from the extension after re-installation. After re-installing the extension still said "Connected as alicia@company.com" when opened on the righthand side of my Google Doc. I selected "Disconnect" and then re-connected and the functionality was restored.