Problem with a form

I have a form, when the requester clicks send, it appears that there was a problem submitting, but the data is inserted into the spreadsheet, is this some type of visual bug? If I recreate the form does it still give me this problem? Well, I already did it and it happened to give me the same error. Anyone have the same error?

Tags:

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a screen shot of what's happening? In the form settings, you can choose what happens after you click the "Submit" button, try playing around with these settings and see if it starts interacting like you want it to.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Well, basically I click send and it takes a long time to send, this screen keeps loading:

After waiting, it gives me this message and now it is not being sent at the same time, it takes about 40-50 minutes to appear in the spreadsheet

Apologies for the delay.

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's definitely something buggy on the Smartsheet side, the form submission should be quick and easy. If you've already tried recreating the form without solving the problem, I might suggest making a new sheet. I've found sometimes that the sheets themselves just get buggy, and starting from scratch can fix it. If that's not a reasonable solution, like if you have lots of connections across other dashboards/reports with that specific sheet, try submitting a help request.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• I understand, the problem is that I opened the ticket with them and they gave me this alternative that I don't think is viable, and as I have a lot of integration in this spreadsheet I didn't want to change. Thanks for the answer.

• Hello Jason,

It’s definitely a bug that took over a month to fix. Today, when I tested it, everything was back to how it was before, and the form submissions have been adjusted. I’m glad the issue has been resolved, but at the same time, I’m uncertain about what the actual problem was and what the solution entailed. Thanks for the response.