Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Notifications and other communication not working

Options

Dear Smartsheet,

I had a short presentation of Smasrtsheet functionality and I have faced huge problem with notifications. I have a couple of sheets where all notifications are not sent for some reason. 

I am trying to play with fields that are triggering these notifications and none of them are working.

I have checked if I am receiving any emails from SS and when I send single row it;s ok, so only automatic notifications and requests are dead.

What's the reason??

Just imagine myself standing in front of my boss telling him how great it is to get live update if this or that and it's not working...

Comments

• Kara Lumley
    Options

Hello Mashu,

Please go to Account: Personal Settings: Notifications, and make sure that the box for including your own changes is selected (see below). Let us know if that does not solve the issue.

2017-10-19_9-12-36.png

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mashu, If you set up notifications to fire to yourself, Kara is right, that setting is the number 1 reason it fails. Please let the community know if you continue to have issues! 

• Marcin P
    Options

All settings are correctly set. 

I received an email from support that there were something wrong but has been resolved.

And in fact, I received all notifications pine after each other some time ago. 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah yes. There were recent issues with notifications. 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can watch the system status here: 

https://status.smartsheet.com/

• Peter Smith
    Options

Last time, I have same problem. Everything is right but it does not show notification. Then,  may be 30 minutes, then notification come out. Hopefully you have more stable system

• Marcin P
    Options

As soon as this issue has been resolved, I received all notifications that were not delivered on time.

But I have another question in this topic:

If I have a form that is used to fill up time sheet (employee has to enter his name and just choose whether checking in or out) and there is same issue with notifications, doeas that mean that any data sent via web-form will come to the sheet anyway?

If so, it's ok then, but if anything can be lost, then it wouldn't be good.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Notifications are separate functions from the web-form. As long as Smartsheets is not having a system-wide outage, you should always be able to gather data regardless of whether the notifications fire or not. 

This discussion has been closed.