Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Report sections

Options
JGL
JGL
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is there any way to create sections within reports that have their own column headings?

I want to combine two reports with mostly different fields into a single report to send to management.

Using the standard report layout, I end up with a bunch of blank cells and long narrow columns.

If there is no workaround for this, I guess my only option is to send two separate reports...

Reportsnap.png

Tags:

Comments

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Data is added to columns in a report based on the columns in the sheet. If you want data to be combined neatly, then the column names and types will need to be identical across your sheets.

A good practice is to create a custom template with your preferred sheet setup and have you and your users create new sheets from that template. 

• Daniel Stein
    Daniel Stein Employee
    edited 04/04/16
    Options

Hi JGL,

Rolling up data for management, including across multiple reports, is one of the primary uses for Sights, which is a new add-on feature in Smartsheet. You could create a Sight with 2 report widgets as well as additional widgets with any notes or key metrics you'd like to share with management. You can find out more about Sights here: https://www.smartsheet.com/product-tour/sights

This discussion has been closed.