Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Archived Community Post: Why am I asked to log in to Smartsheet to use Community?

Cheryl Camacho
Cheryl Camacho ✭✭✭✭
edited 02/07/20 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello, I am wondering why I am asked to log into Smartsheet if I have clicked on Help from my Smartsheet window?  Shouldn't Smartsheet know I am logged in since I accessed it from my already logged into Smartsheet?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Cheryl—When navigating to the Help Center, or most of our sites at www.smartsheet.com (versus app.smartsheet.com), you might see a blue log in button in the top right corner. This button just takes you to app.smartsheet.com, and if you're already logged in on the same browser, it'll go straight to Smartsheet.

For security reasons, we don't store or display your log in information on www.smartsheet.com sites, so you'll just see the blue log in button.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭

this is annoying. I have always wondered this as well. you should figure out a way to make it work so we dont have to login again.

• I would like to +1 this

Log in to Smartsheets, then click Help and another windows comes up asking for a log in which connects you to the Smartsheets where you click on the Help icon which launches another log in window etc. etc. It's pretty dumb.

As I write this, I have separately logged in to the Community site where I am writing this, a fresh "LOG IN" button staring at me from its little perch on high.

The process as it stands has a distinct amateur-hour quality about it. It's annoying but also a little embarrassing when I am showing colleagues this product.

Thanks.

Launching from SS should log me in.JPG

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭

Why can't you remember if we have already connected our Smartsheet login with the Community login? Having to login to Community, then reauthorize Smartsheet is too many steps.

Does nobody at Smartsheet find this to be a janky setup?

• gregjohnsondsm43126
    gregjohnsondsm43126 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/24/19

Yes, I too find this to be either:  Poor design, lack of testing, bad coding or a means to aggravate users.  The process sucks every time I have to go to the community forum.

And that is when it works.   When it doesn't it is worse (or maybe better because I finally give up).  See below.

2019-09-24_091550.jpg

This discussion has been closed.